Failure To Treat & Failure To Diagnose
The most important moment in any patient’s treatment comes when a doctor or another medical practitioner makes his or her first examination. While modern medicine provides a wide array of tools to treat illness and injury, you can only benefit from these tools if your doctor or nurse properly diagnoses the problem and prescribes the correct treatment in response. An incorrect diagnosis or treatment can lead to serious consequences as your illness or injury worsens when it could have been recognized and treated by a reasonable medical practitioner.
If a medical professional failed to diagnose your condition in a timely manner, or failed to treat it, you have a right to take legal action to hold that person accountable. Filing a medical malpractice lawsuit can help prevent others from suffering the same harm, and it also has the potential to result in financial compensation for the harm that you have already suffered.
Serving the Detroit metro area and beyond, Ratton Law Group PC can help you hold a negligent medical professional or institution responsible for improper treatment. Our attorneys are trained as both lawyers and nurses, which gives us the technical medical knowledge to quickly and accurately recognize malpractice and help you document the harm that it has caused.
Proper Diagnosis And Treatment Is The Foundation Of Good Medicine
Medical professionals have specialized training and knowledge, and with that knowledge comes a responsibility to use it appropriately. Doctors, nurses and other medical practitioners commit medical malpractice when they fail to perform the basic due diligence of their field, such as:
- Failing to perform the correct medical test
- Taking too much time to make the correct diagnosis
- Failing to treat a medical condition promptly, or at all
- Choosing not to seek the opinion of specialists when necessary
- Not treating a patient due to lack of health insurance
- Prescribing or providing the wrong medication or the wrong dose, as well as other forms of negligence during your hospital stay
- Not recognizing the symptoms of heart attack, stroke and other urgent conditions in an emergency room
Get Legal Advice After An Incorrect Diagnosis Or Treatment
The first step after suffering from medical malpractice is to speak with an experienced attorney. Learn more about your options: Call 248-556-2939 or send an email to schedule a consultation with Ratton Law Group PC in our Royal Oak, Michigan, office.